Everyone knows: to lose weight effectively, you need to eat right, be energetic and spend more calories than you get with food. However, success in weight loss depends not only on this.
In addition to the daily calorie content, it is necessary to calculate the balance of proteins, fats and carbohydrates (BJU).
A balanced diet is an ideal ratio of the basic elements of a healthy diet (proteins, fats, carbohydrates) in the daily menu, taking into account individual needs. Each of them is necessary for the body to function properly, but, which is very important, in different dosages.
● Proteins (proteins) are necessary for the human body to maintain vital functions and are especially important during periods of weight loss and intense exercise. Proteins make up all the tissues and cells of the human body, including muscles. Normally, the human diet should consist of 30-40% of proteins.
It is important to note that there are two types of protein:
It is rich in essential amino acids (arginine, valine, histidine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, threonine, tryptophan and phenylalanine) and is found in meat, poultry, cottage cheese, fish, chicken eggs.
Usually contains no more than 1 amino acid and is present in legumes, cereals, nuts. It is recommended to consume up to 80% of plant-based proteins. Herbalife Nutrition Formula 1 Protein Shake helps replenish your body’s supply of nutrients. One portion of the cocktail contains 17 grams. protein, including valuable soy protein and a complex of 23 essential vitamins and minerals.
● Fats are responsible for the regeneration of skin cells, the absorption of certain vitamins, the synthesis of hormones and are an essential component of the diet. Fats are divided into saturated (animal origin), unsaturated (plant origin) and the most dangerous for the body — trans fats (margarine). Trans fats lead to obesity, metabolic disorders and diseases. The ratio of fats in the diet should be as follows: 1/3 — saturated, 2/3 — unsaturated. Omega-3 fatty acids, which lower cholesterol, accelerate the body’s metabolic processes and contribute to effective weight loss, are of particular importance for weight loss and exercise. One Herbalifeline Max capsule from Herbalife * provides the body with omega-3 acids at 31.5% of the recommended daily intake level.
● Carbohydrates — a source of muscle nutrition during physical activity. Carbohydrates are rich in vitamins, minerals, fiber, are mostly found in products of plant origin and are divided into simple (all sugar-containing products and some berries, fruits) and complex (legumes, cereals, vegetables). When processing complex carbohydrates, the body spends more energy, so 80% of the daily intake should be accounted for precisely by them. Plant foods also contain high levels of fiber. For losing weight, it plays a special role: it provides a long feeling of satiety and normalizes the function of the gastrointestinal tract. The average daily requirement for dietary fiber is 30 grams. Recommended daily intake of carbohydrates — 365g
Properly selected nutrition will help the body to be in good shape during weight loss, not to experience a constant feeling of hunger, weakness, lethargy. Maintaining the balance of BZHU in the diet contributes not only to effective weight loss, but also to maintaining weight at the achieved level, as well as muscle building or «drying» of the body. The basic scheme of the ratio of macronutrients for different purposes is as follows:
● Weight reduction: 40/35/25 (proteins, fats, carbohydrates);
● Strengthening muscles and moderate fat loss: 35/30/35;
● Muscle mass gain: 30/30/40;
● Balanced ratio to maintain current weight: 30/20/50.
* Supplements, is not a medicine